Masturbation is a reality between men and women. What we still find is that men have an easier time talking about the subject than women. Socially speaking, it seemed that women were frowned upon and that is why many did not dare to confess it. However, society is changing and there are more women now confirming the obvious: they also masturbate. And from Secret Panties we are happy because we do not want it to be treated as a taboo subject!
Several studies have been carried out, including Superdrug’s Online Doctor, and we have very interesting facts about masturbation:
- Women have acknowledged masturbating on average two days a week, while men claim to double that amount. They masturbate four out of seven days a week.
- Women’s sessions are shorter: 13 minutes compared to 14 that men spend to achieve orgasm.
- Women start masturbating later than men.
- They also differ in the techniques used for masturbation between men and women. Women tend to go for sexual objects and fantasies while men go for hands and pornography to increase arousal.
But if one thing is the same in both, it is that masturbation brings benefits!
Benefits of masturbation
Sexologists and experts insist on taking all the negativity out of the word “masturbation.” On the one hand, masturbation is a way of knowing our body, our genitals and their response to stimuli. Also, despite the fact that it is seen as “uncomfortable” and people still talk as if they have a feeling of guilt or shame, we have to change this mentality since masturbation has many benefits.
- Reduces the risk of prostate cancer. The more men masturbate, the more the risk of prostate cancer has been reduced. Sources speak of a reduction of up to 33% if they have more than 21 ejaculations per month.
- The pelvic floor muscles are exercised and erectile dysfunction and incontinence are prevented. “The smooth muscle of the penis must be enriched with oxygen and it is administered whenever there is a flow of blood to the member (ie, when an erection occurs).
- Relieves menstrual pain. Menstruation causes excruciating pain in some women. Although it can be relieved with medication, masturbation also works. Onanism during menstruation has the effect of preventing and reducing inflammation and discomfort produced during the period.
- Strengthens the immune system. The hormonal release that follows ejaculation, together with the release of tension, improves mood and promotes relaxation, as well as preventing various pathologies such as type 2 diabetes. Specifically, the release of cortisol strengthens the immune system and the of endorphins in the bloodstream reduces depression.
- Improves the skin. Orgasms also cause increased blood flow to the skin and cause blood vessels to open up. The oxytocin that is released helps reduce inflammation making pimples and rashes less noticeable.
- They can have longer lasting sex. If you masturbate before having sex, you can have more control when it comes to having sex. Those who masturbate frequently are more in control of the situation and know how long it will take them to orgasm.
- Improves mood. Masturbation releases a host of feel-good neurochemicals, including dopamine and oxytocin. Two neurotransmitters that increase satisfaction and activate reward circuits in the brain.
- It helps to sleep. Although there are also ways to solve insomnia, masturbation is one of the safest, most natural and most enjoyable ways. When having an orgasm, chemicals such as prolative, serotonin and oxytocin are released in the brain, all related to the feeling of happiness and relaxation.
- Improves relationships between the couple. Although we often hear that masturbation ruins relationships, the reality is quite another. Masturbating favors good sex, since by doing so the person learns a lot about their body, their reactions, their sexual stimuli, and sharing them with their partner can make intercourse much more pleasant.
As you can see, there are many benefits to start practicing masturbation. Do you know others? Let’s not let it become a taboo subject and let’s talk freely 😜.